For anyone interested, I’m releasing my charge controller and automation code for the Hackney City Farm bike cinema. Features include:
- software simulated virtual battery (virtual battery makes the lead/acid chemistry more “intuitive” for the user)
- charge controller protects battery from over charge and low voltage
- voltage and current measured on load and charging circuits 20 times per second
- 16 LEDs showing rate of power in, rate of power out, and charge in the virtual battery
- automation of 2 circuits (LCD&Sounds, DVD)
- infra red remote control of the DVD (NEC pulse system)
Get it here release1.0.tar.gz. The code is released under the GPL license.