I met Gustavo at the HCF bike day last week. He wanted a similar system to the bike cinema I’m making for HCF.
I made a modified version of the charge controller in a tiny box. It took about 4 hours to build and test, and then another 4 hours to modify the software.
During stress testing I found that the mosfet I used for low voltage cutout was getting too hot. I had to remove that element of the design because of the short time available.
- The box monitors voltage and current coming in and out of the battery,
- Protects generator with a 60A diode,
- Shows battery high/med/low status lights,
- Shows power generation vs power consumption,
- Broken – Low voltage cut out battery protection.